Popular IM client Digsby goes open source, Motorola fails to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to Atrix users, Apple shuts down Chomp, and iTunes Ping finally goes to the grave.
- Digsby Gets Open Sourced Digsby, one of our favorite instant messengers for Windows, went free and open source last week. That means Tagged, the company that bought it, won’t be adding new features, but the community will be able to take over—and get rid of those pesky ads that make it so annoying. Unfortunately, it also means video chat will no longer be supported. [Digsby Blog]
- Motorola reneges on Ice Cream Sandwich software update Despite promises to bring Android 4.0 to the popular Motorola Atrix, an revised upgrade chart shows that Motorola has abandoned plans for the Atrix, putting yet another Android phone in the club of out-of-date phones. [Ars Technica]
- Apple Removes Chomp Website and App, Shuts Down Existing App Installs Chomp, the app that helped you find other cool apps on iOS and Android, has finally been shut down. Apple bought the service and used it to create the new iOS 6 App Store interface, shut down the Android app, and now has finally gotten rid of the webapp and iOS app. If you have the app on yoru phone, it will no longer function. [MacRumors]
- Apple’s Ping officially closes, disappears from within iTunes As announced, Apple has shut down the Ping social networking service from iTunes. If you click on Ping in iTunes, you’ll be greeted with an error, and future versions of the software will not include a button for the now-defunct social network. [CNET]
- Netflix “Just for Kids” Now on iPad Netflix’s “Just for Kids” service, which provides access to movies and TV aimed at 12 year old children and under, is now available on the iPad. Currently, it’s only available on the iPad 2 and above. Netflix says versions for Android and the first-gen iPad are in the works. [Netflix Blog]
And I’d like to add this to the post:
I’m waiting for linux version of digsby for a long time. If I were their engineer, I would already be finished coding the program. What take that long time?
So you can understand, I AM ANGRY because I AM STILL WAITING and I DON’T WANT TO WAIT MORE.